Are you ready to help drive a product that brings positive impact to the world through the power of mobile and location technologies? We’re looking for a Product Manager to work on our augmented reality platform, where you will gather requirements to define the AR technology product roadmap, make sure we are serving developer needs, manage the technology transfer from research teams to engineering, and establish the process for innovation and collaboration across all teams. In these, you will work alongside product managers, engineers, researchers and cross-functional stakeholders throughout the company, and get a broad view of Niantic’s business and products. This is a great role for someone who has been deeply technical with experience in developer platforms. This position is not eligible for TN visa sponsorship.
- Understand the user experience and needs for developers.
- Stay up to date with the AR technology stack and research in computer vision, deep learning, distributed systems, networking, graphics, and game engines.
- Define and prioritize our AR developer platform features for developers, and AR game feature requirements.
- Work as a horizontal leader of cross-functional expert teams to manage collaboration and communication between engineering, game and research, marketing, legal and business development teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- Define project plans, establish milestones, and manage the development and implementation against goals.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across the organization including engineering, research, game, product, marketing, and business development teams.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or other technical majors, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of product management or production experience.
- 2+ years of experience working as a software engineer.
- Experience building products for developers.
- Passion in entrepreneurial management in emerging technology especially in AR, mobile games, location-related technologies, matched with the drive to roll up sleeves and tackle difficult problems.
- Familiarity with managing complex projects with many stakeholders from research to engineering to executives.
- Proven quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills and the ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- You have experience prototyping or programming AR applications.
- You have experience working with industrial research labs.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, and Hamburg.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software